1) What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When registering or ordering on our site, you will be asked to enter the information below, or part of it :
Your name, email address, shipping and billing address, phone number, company name, payment details, and other details to help you with your experience.
In addition, the provider of our e-commerce platform, Shopify, will collect your IP address, information about orders you might have initiated, information about the Shopify supported stores you visited, and information about your device and browser.
Credit card information are handled by third party secured payment services so such information will not be collected by www.buy-japan-art.com.
2) When do we collect information?
We collect information when you browse the site, register on our site, place an order, fill out a form, sign up for our newsletter or enter information on our site and when you provide us with feedback on our products or services. We also collect information when you use Shopify Pay, and receive information from third parties who provide us information to help with fraud.
3) How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways :
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To ship products.
- To follow up with them after correspondence.
- To execute risk and fraud screening, authentication and payments.
- To pre-fill your checkout information when you opt into Shopify Pay.
- To improve your experience when visiting the store.
4) How do we protect your information?
We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information.
We use a well-known platform for our website that is certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant. This compliance extends to our online store powered by this platform.
We do not collect directly credit card information because we use third party secured payment services to proceed to payments.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- Help us remember your login name in your browser
- Manage your wish list
- Process the items in your shopping cart
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled.
6) Third-party disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
7) Third-party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include in our website links to third-party products or services websites. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
9) California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- You can change your personal information by logging in to your account.
10) Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
11) Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur : we will notify our registered users via email within seven business days after the detection of the breach.
12) CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not to use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Write at the end of each advertisement email the procedure permitting users to have their email address removed from our mailing list.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future marketing emails, you can contact us using the contact form found at https://www.buy-japan-art.com/pages/contact-us and we will promptly remove you from all marketing correspondence.
If you request to be removed from all correspondence, please understand that due to the structure of our ordering system that sends confirmation emails when an order is placed, we will have to suspend your account so you cannot place any order, which would trigger an email sending and go against your will not to receive any email from us.
L&Y Art Trading
2-1-23-211 Nishi Waseda
Email : using the contact form found at https://www.buy-japan-art.com/pages/contact-us.
Last Edited on 2020-08-22
Updates history :
- 2018-11-28 : creation
- 2020-08-22 update : change in section "How do we use your information?"